Sunday, December 10, 2006

Untitled 2 Backup Inc.

February 13, 2006
Untitled
Chapter 2: Hello Fashion, Goodbye Wardrobe
Disclaimer: I do not own ‘Twilight’ or any of its original characters...yet! Hahaha!
"Here, try this one on," Laura shoved yet another outfit at me. I think I have finally come to terms with the saying ‘shop ‘til you drop,’ because that’s exactly what I’m about to do.
I groaned, as I switched outfits quickly in the changing room, and allowed Laura to examine me. "Are we almost done?" I asked her for probably about the billionth time. Or more.
She gave me a sharp glare. "We haven’t even gotten to the formal wear yet, so just quit your complaining or I can make this a lot harder."
I shut up immediately. I mean, there was nothing else to do with a threat like that. I could barely handle things as they were, let alone worse! "Yes, Ma’am," I sighed, and stepped out of the change room in a pair of fitting dress pants and blouse with a beige blazer to go with it. "Does this look okay?"
Laura ‘hmmd’ walked around me like some sort of depraved vulture, while tugging on the material here and there. Finally she straightened up with a sigh. "It’ll have to do I guess. Try on the next one Isabella."
Obediently, I went through the process all over again. Who knew that the bargain I made included this torture?
About an hour later, we had finally moved on to the more ‘formal’ wear: Gowns. I never really was the type to wear dresses, but apparently I had a lot of parties and celebrations to attend. The life of the rich sure wasn’t cut out for me, but I had to admit that some of the dresses we bought were sure pretty. And they cost a fortune!
"Hey Laura, do you think I can keep all th is stuff after the...deal is over?"
Laura gave me a weird look. "Why wouldn’t you? It’s not as if we know anyone else wh o is your size. Besides, they’re far to expensive to just be given away."
I took that as a yes. "Cool," I smiled at her. She didn’t return the favour.
After what seemed like an eternity, Laura finally announced to my extreme pleasure that this particular section was over. However, there was much in store for me. Next stop, salon. I was to own the best products for hair, skin, and the rest of it. Hell, I didn’t even wear make-up! I didn’t bother since I seemed to get an average amount of attention with out it.
"You need to do something with your hair, it’s always in your face," Laura scolded me. She turned to the stylist. "Give her some layers, and shine it up a bit. I’ll be back in an hour. I also want her to have a full manicure and tone her face as well."
That was that. I was left in the hands of a freaky looking man who had an evil grin..
A few hours later...
"Voila, madam! What do you think of your new look, yes?"
I stared at the tall mirror in wonder. I didn’t recognize myself. Really, it was a miracle. My hair had been trimmed an styled with some sweet smelling shampoo, and my face had make up on it! My nails looked like they belonged on some sort of movie star, and before I could say anything, the man I had come to know as ‘Victor,’ started to measure my waist.
"Hey buddy, what do you think you’re doing?" I demanded, feeling the lack of my personal space.
He looked at me with a ‘duh’ look. "Taking your measurements of course. That way we can have custom clothes made for you."
Oh, of course. I mentally slapped my for head. Stop taking everything the wrong way Bella!
"Right, I knew that," I told him instead so I didn’t look like a total idiot. It didn’t work.
Victor discreetly (or at least that’s what I told myself) rolled his eyes and continued measuring, muttering something under his breath that I didn’t quite catch.
A few minutes later, the tailor dragged a few more outfits from who knows where, and threw them at me. "Try these on."
The first set fit well but definitely not my style. I hated plaid. I mean, I looked like some business woman or something! Then there was the jeans that felt so tight my blood circulation had been cut off. I think I went blue at the hips. Finally, the last combination I could deal with.
A fitting, but not suffocating stylish T-shirt went down just past my hips, with a short jean jacket. The pants were a silky material, but too expensive to be polyester. They were wide and flared out at the bottom. The shoes were simply black and slightly square with only a little bit of heel.
But I was confused; didn’t Charlie want me to be formal? The idea I had imagined was tons of flowing gowns and twirling skirts with frilly blouses. This was a relief.
"I like this one," I told Victor who was watching me. "It kind of matches me."
He seemed to scoff at this. "But of course, I just knew you would pick this one. No taste whatsoever..." Grudgingly, he put away the other two outfits.

No comments: