Sunday, December 10, 2006

Of Demons and Angels 2 Backup Inc.

May 11, 2006
Of Demons and Angels
Chapter 2-
Disclaimer: Yes, I don’t own it, Rumiko-sama does. But in my dreams I do!
The first thing I did was check out the training dojo. After all, my grandpa made sure I was able to master at least one form of weapon. And that weapon happened to be the traditional bow and arrow that all mikos used. I, of course was not a miko, but I can’t seem to convince him that.
Anyways, I must be lucky because on one of the weapon racks, rest a dozen or so bows with arrows to the side of all different types and sizes. Knowing my strength, I chose the long bow, making sure to text the string and flexibility of the bow. It seemed in pretty good shape.
I knew that the targets and weapons were for gusts, because it said so on the entrance sign so I was completely relaxed. There was no need to worry about getting into trouble for using somebody else’s equipment. Taking my stance, I pulled back the string and aimed at one of the targets.
One...two...the arrow made a ‘thunk’ sound as it hit the bulls eye. I smiled, proud at how far I’ve come since the day where it barely made it to the target. This time, I went farther away from the target before aiming. Once again there was a ‘thunk’ before I viewed the arrow in the tiny middle circle once again, right beside my first one.
I was just about to move at a different angle and try again, when I heard the crunch of a footstep behind me. Spinning around, I looked to see who it was-
And ended up scowling at a pair of blank hazel eyes.
"What are you doing here?" I demanded him, annoyed at losing my private environment. I was about to call again when he started walking in the other direction, when I realized I didn’t even know his name yet.
"Hey, you!" No reaction. "I said hey, stop! What’s your name?" He paused, and I though that he might just ignore me again, but this time the hazel eyes faced me again with another cold stare. I could be wrong, but I thought they seemed to have a contemplating look to them. As if he couldn’t decide what to do.
Finally, after standing silent for a few minutes, he seemed to have made a decision. "It is Tamada, Shou. And now I’ll be on my way...Kagome-san."
I blinked, wondering how many times a day he could go through mood changes, before settling into another glare. "Good day to you too Tamada-sama!" I put as much sarcasm in my voice that was possible, before aiming my bow once again. And since when did he know my name?
This time the ‘thunk’ was a little more pronounced.
_______________________________
"Kagome-san! Kagome-san!" I turned around to see a slightly flushed Sango running towards me, a grin spread across her face.
"Sango-san," I greeted her with a small grin. "How are you?"
She fell into step beside me before replying. "Oh, not much...Ugh! I got the worst room mate! They should make rules around here that only girls can dorm with girls and such."
I looked at her curiously, thinking the same but not voicing it out loud. "How come?"
Sango growled, and her face flushed even deeper. "Because I’m stuck with this stupid pervert! I mean, even when there’s separate bedrooms he managed to feel me up every time he passes me! And he says he’s religious..." She made a snorting sound, and feel silent.
"Do you...know him from school?"
Sango shook her head. "I told you, this is my first year at the school you’re in, and apparently it is for him and a couple of his friends too."
"Oh, right. I forgot." Then I realized what she said. "He told you that this was his first year here? And his friends? I wouldn’t have thought you would have time to talk to him if you disliked him that much."
I noticed a slight flush cover her face. "Oh, well...he just mentioned it the few times he wasn’t trying to feel me up. But that’s besides the point! I mean-"
"Sango," I smiled, interrupting her barrage. "You like him don’t you?"
"W-what? Like that creep?" Sango stuttered. "You must be crazy!" She acted like the idea was completely ridiculous, but the redness of her face said otherwise. I for a fact knew it wasn’t from anger.

No comments: